Healthy Breakfast Ideas to Prepare in Under 15 Minutes
Staying in bed longer than usual is great, especially on a gloomy morning, but what about your breakfast? If you don’t have time for a full menu, seek alternative solutions, but make sure they’re healthy. Here are some of the best breakfast ides you can prepare in under 15 minutes.
Eggs and Avocado Grilled Cheese
This may not seem like a healthy meal, with all that cheese on your plate, but don’t discard the avocado portion of this menu, as well as the tasty eggs next to it. In short, this is your basic toast-and-egg combo mixed with grilled cheese, but improved with some healthy avocado – and you can make it in about six or seven minutes! Here’s what you need:
- two eggs
- two slices of bread (any kind will do, but why not try healthy whole grain bread for a change?)
- half a cup of shredded cheese
- half an avocado
- some butter
- salt and pepper (optional)
Preparing these sandwiches is more than easy – boil the eggs, butter the bread, spread the cheese on it, slice the avocado and place it between the two slices. Once the eggs are done, put your sandwich into a pan and cook it for a few minutes. Then just cut it into soldiers, serve the eggs on the side and that’s it!
Very Berry Smoothie
You can find tons of smoothie ideas online and each one is an awesome, healthy and quick breakfast idea. However, the very berry smoothie might be among the best ones out there! It’s actually quite simple, but it will wake you up instantly and provide you enough energy for the entire day. Just look at the recipe and see how humble yet powerful it is:
- one cup of frozen raspberries (unsweetened, and you can also use blackberries, blueberries, strawberries or basically any other berries)
- quarter of a cup of pitted cherries (unsweetened)
- two tablespoons of grated ginger (fresh)
- a cup of milk (rice, almond, coconut or any other healthy kind)
- one tablespoon of flaxseed
- one and a half tablespoon of honey
- two tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice
Now, here’s the best part: the preparation of this smoothie won’t take more than ten minutes! All you need to do is peel and grate the ginger and put it with the other ingredients into a blender, and mix until you reach your ideal level of smoothness. You should also try adding protein supplements to enhance the effect, especially if you drink it before working out. Remember, this is a recipe for two cups of smoothie, so you can share it with someone you love or leave half of it for later.
Vanilla Almond Overnight Quinoa
The best thing about this recipe is that you can prepare it the night before and sleep longer in the morning. People love quinoa because it’s so beneficial to your health and this vanilla and almonds mix is more delicious than you think. Here’s the recipe:
- half a cup of cooked quinoa
- one cup of almond milk
- half a cup of almond pulp
- two tablespoons of maple syrup
- four tablespoons of chia seeds
- quarter of a teaspoon of vanilla extract
- quarter of a teaspoon of almond extract
- chopped almonds (optional, but yummy!)
Since these are the ingredients for two servings, divide them into two mason jars, stir for a few minutes and leave them in the fridge overnight. In the morning, just garnish it with some chopped almonds and enjoy!
Some other fast and healthy breakfast ideas include breakfast tacos or taquitos, berry parfaits and strawberry-flavored oatmeal. Remember – being creative and bold with your ingredients pays off, and the results are amazing!
This is a guest post by Samantha: she has a B.Sc. in nutrition, and has spent two years working as a personal trainer. Since then, she has embarked on a mission to conquer the blogosphere. When not in the gym or on the track, you can find her on Twitter, or in a tea shop. You can read more from her at Ripped.me.